- Chapter 1: Sex workers or scarlet women?
- Chapter 2 : Control, regulation and legislation
- Chapter 3: The social lives of prostitutes
- Chapter 4: The working lives of prostitutes
- Chapter 5: The prostitutes' response
- Appendix I : Questionnaire
- Appendix II : Methodology
- Appendix III : Prostitutes organisations
An analysis of prostitution laws throughout Australia are presented in this book as Roberts discusses the need for the decriminalisation of prostitution. Detailed findings from a survey of Sydney prostitutes and excerpts from in-depth interviews are included. Perkins also reviews a vast literature on the subject of prostitution.