Homicide weapon statistics
Trend in firearm homicides
Source: AIC NHMP 1989–90 to 2010–12 [computer file]
Source:AIC NHMP 2006-07 [computer file]
- There has been a pronounced change in the type of weapons used in homicide since monitoring began. Firearm use has declined by more than half since 1989-90 as a proportion of homicide methods, and there has been an upward trend in the use of knives and sharp instruments, which in 2006-07 accounted for nearly half of all homicide victims.
- Homicide in Australia: 2010–11 to 2011–12: National Homicide Monitoring Program annual report
05 February 2015
- Homicide in Australia: 2008–09 to 2009–10 National Homicide Monitoring Program annual report
20 February 2013
- Homicide in Australia: 2007–08 National Homicide Monitoring Program annual report
17 December 2010
- Recorded crime - victims, Australia
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Annual publication of national crime statistics relating to victims of a selected range of offences that have been recorded by police.