Australian crime: Facts & figures: 2012
Canberra: Australian Institute of Criminology, May 2013
- Download pdf (pdf 6MB)
- Crime and justice statistics
- Chapter 1: Recorded crime
- Chapter 2: Selected crime profiles
- Chapter 3: Crime victimisation
- Chapter 4: Selected offender profiles
- Chapter 5: Criminal courts
- Chapter 6: Corrections
- Chapter 7: Criminal justice resources
- Chapter 8: Spotlight on alcohol and other drugs and crime
- Chapter 9: References
The Australian Institute of Criminology’s annual compendium of crime statistics shows a continuing decrease in crime levels around Australia with some concerning trends in certain crime types.
Facts & figures provides government and justice agencies, the media and the Australian public with accurate, easy to access crime statistics in a single, centralised location.
The chapter eight Spotlight on Crime, Alcohol and Other drugs examines trends in alcohol and crime, including levels of use among police detainees and prisoners.
Extraction of data and preparation of text: Georgina Fuller
Because of rounding, some percentages may not sum to 100. Minor revisions are occasionally made to publications after release.The online version available on the AIC website will include any revisions made since printing: http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/current series/facts/1-20/2012.html