Cybercrime: January 2010
A selection of new key reports, books, journal articles and websites. All items are available on interlibrary loan through the JV Barry Library. Please contact your own library for assistance.
- Handbook of internet crime / edited by Yvonne Jewkes and Majid Yar
Willan, Nov 2009
Summary: Gathers together the leading scholars in the field to explore issues and debates surrounding internet-related crime, deviance, policing, law and regulation in the 21st century.
- Internet service provider (ISP) content filtering pilot report / Enex Testlab
Enex TestLab, 2009
- Privacy principles / New South Wales Law Reform Commission
NSW Law Reform Commission, 2009
- Securing cyberspace for the 44th presidency / CSIS Commission on Cybersecurity for the 44th Presidency
Center for Strategic and International Studies, 2008
- Protecting children from online predators : the use of covert investigation techniques by law enforcement
Centre of Excellence in Policing and Security (CEPS), 2009
Criminal justice studies 22(4) Dec 2009: whole issue
Summary: Four articles on college students and different aspects of cybercrime: three on digital piracy, covering beliefs and practices, gender differences, and social learning theory; and one on differentiation in cybercriminal careers.
- Securing the information highway / Wesley K Clark and Peter L Levin
Foreign affairs 88(6) Nov/Dec 2009: 8 p
Summary: The United States is already engaged in low-intensity cyberconflicts, characterized by aggressive enemy efforts to collect intelligence on the country's weapons, electrical grid, traffic-control system, and even its financial markets.
- SMS spam : success for ACMA against 'a particularly vile form of behaviour' / Jane Quek and Catherine McGill
Internet law bulletin 12(8) Dec 2009: 124-125
Summary: The recent case Australian Communications and Media Authority v Mobilegate indicates that ACMA will come after corporations and individuals who spam consumers by way of SMS messages on mobile phones
- The utility of securing the electricity supply / Ross Johnson, Chris McColm and Doug Powell
Security management 53(12) Dec 2009: 45-51
Summary: The multiple threats to electricity suppliers and how to minimise them are discussed.
- IFPI digital music report
International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), 2004 -