The AIC is currently seeking expressions of interest for a temporary placement at the Senior or Principal Research Analyst level for up to 12 months.
Suitable candidates will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of interesting and innovative projects, including in the areas of family and domestic violence, serious and organised crime, evaluation of criminal justice programs and initiatives and other areas of current and emerging interest to the AIC.
The Principal and Senior Research Analysts are required to:
- Manage research projects
- Produce high quality research reports
- Manage the existing levels of contracted and ongoing work
- Have skills in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods and experience undertaking applied policy relevant research
- Have subject matter expertise in areas of crime and criminal justice relevant to AIC priorities
- Work with Research Managers and the Director of Research to provide leadership across the AIC.
We are seeking people with demonstrated research experience, postgraduate qualifications in criminology, law or relevant social science field. A doctoral qualification in an area relevant to the research program is desirable.
Contracts will be offered for a period up to 12 months. The AIC anticipates undertaking selection processes for ongoing and longer-term vacancies during that time and staff contracted through this EOI process will be welcome to apply.
The AIC is located within the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC). Employees of the AIC are also employees of the ACIC. The AIC currently operates under separate legislation and remains a separate entity within the ACIC.
The successful candidate must satisfy and abide by the ACIC’s security requirements, which include:
- Australian Citizenship
- Satisfying a rigorous security assessment by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency, obtaining and maintaining a security clearance of at least NV1 level
- A pre- employment screening process which requires the applicant to complete a pre-employment screening form for the purpose of character and background checking, and a psychological assessment. Suitability to meet this criterion is assessed against the ACIC Values.
NOTE: To be considered for this position, please provide:
- Current resume (including a list of publications)
- A statement outlining your interest in the position and your relevant experience
APPLICATIONS close: 19 August 2016 and MUST be completed through the ACIC website at ACIC careers. The duty statements for the positions are also available at ACIC careers.
ENQUIRIES: Karen Johnston
Tel: 02 6243 6953